Wednesday, February 01, 2006

CNY II

This CNY is spent largely on project... for SW3216. But it's been a pretty special and fun one.

1. Went jogging with my bro for the first time. Decided that I'd not go jogging with him again, or any guy for that matter until I become fitter. He slowed down for me, motivated me to keep going, asked if I was ok. Sweet bro huh. It was a no-kick for him, I felt like I was out of oxygen all the time. But it is a really nice route! Nice, quiet route that leads to Botanic Gardens.. Ridout Road, Swettenham Road, Peel Road, Pierce Road... high-sounding names too. Reminded me of the very memorable NJC Road Run.

2. Saw him sitting in the kitchen quietly while she washed the dishes and prepared food. He must be one of the meekest man I've ever seen. He remained quiet even though certain comments she made weren't that tactful. They were matchmade - people of that time basically did not have a choice. He is such a helpful man. I see faithfulness and meekness in him, while I see the drive to get the family going in her. You could say it's abusive but I think it's really a deep, loving and abiding commitment to each other, to the children and the family beneath all the squabbling. If you know DISC, then I'd say he's a SC while she's a DI. It's a beautiful relationship. Much, much more endearing than seeing teenage couples hug and kiss on Orchard Road.

There are only so many people who leave special marks on your life in this single lifetime.

Enjoyed myself also cos I've got a really fun bunch of project mates! As potential social workers, we understand the challenges and doubts we face.. for a profession that's not really recognised by people. I feel at home with them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home