Thursday, April 20, 2006

What do I exist for?

Just a thought that crossed my mind.
Recently, I found myself saying "There's no choice right?". Then I made a choice, thinking I don't have a choice. And resented myself for doing that.

I DO have a choice. I have a freewill that I can exercise. Human agency.

In saying that I've got no choice, I chose to serve the interests of other people. I feel lifeless in doing what I don't like. In doing that, I don't glorify God.

I live to love God.
I live to serve God, not men.
I live - unto God.

I love doing what I like. Sometimes, that includes being alone, wandering around alone, or just staying at home to read, or jogging alone. Man, I do alot of things alone huh? At the risk of sounding eccentric, I'd say that it's really a joy to be able to do things alone. Such a peace.

Yet, I am really thankful to God because I've made a number of wonderful friends this semester! The time has also come for me to realise that I'm pretty accepting of the fact that there are some friends that have come and will go. Timing. And I'm not the best keep-in-touch friend to have.

I love who I am. I am happy to conclude that I've passed Erikson's identity vs identity confusion stage of development pretty successfully.
And I live unto Him.

I'm looking forward to placement and getting involved in FASS Day!
Here I come! Exams first for now.

Man.. a boy killed himself because he was convinced his penis was too small. Sex education had better be high on the government's agenda.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home