Friday, August 11, 2006

WAIT!

Don't we all dislike the word? I do.

I dislike waiting for a bus that takes extra long to come.
I dislike waiting in a long queue to pay for a 2-dollar purchase.
I dislike waiting for people that take forever to reply an important email or sms.
I dislike waiting for my instant maggie noodles to cook.
I dislike waiting for my PC to boot up.

I am now waiting for an important email reply. Urgh. I need more patience.

No wonder people buy pills that promise, "Lose twenty pounds in two hours with no side effects (other than death)." Hahaha. That's courtesy of David Foster again.

Wait on the LORD;
Be of good courage,
(I was wondering what courage has got to do with waiting. Now I know, waiting for too long makes me scared. It's kinda like "Hello God? Did You mean what You said?")
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the LORD!
- Psalm 27:14

Yes darling, wait. WAIT! You have God.. you can afford to wait.
And it's no wonder that God expects us to wait on Him.. If we can wait on God, it means we can trust Him.. Cos without trust, there can be no meaningful relationship.