Monday, May 01, 2006

Postmodernism

Hmm... I once heard a senior said "I don't buy Postmodernism".

I wondered why.
Now I know.
To put it very simply, Postmodernism says that there is no right or wrong. It's relative.

While I believe that there's sometimes no right or wrong, good or bad, I believe standards exist. To me, the Bible provides Christians the standard to living. Hmm.. yet, we all grapple with things like how we interpret the Bible and reason how people face difficulties that don't allow them to live up to certain things. It challenges me to re-think how I live, what I expect of myself and other people.

Still trying to resolve this. I don't want to slide down the slope of Postmodernism.

Thinking about placement at Care Corner.

Anyway, here's my low-down on this semester.

1. Great! The greatest thing was getting to know friends from Urban Youth Work module. They are simply fantastic, awesome bunch of people. As a group I think we're really supportive of one another. =) Support networks are important in Uni. And I'm glad this is just the beginning!

2. Great! Getting to know some seniors from yr4 and y3.

3. Busy. Toughest so far. Shall cut down on tuition next semester.

God is good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home